Sebastiao is a 7 year old explorer of the Ecuadorian rain forest.
Follow his adventures through this field journal.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bats

This is a picture of a fruit bat. The way you can tell between a vampire bat and a fruit bat is that vampire bats are very freaky and fruit bats are very cute. Fruit bats are also completely black and vampire bats are kind of tan. We found this next to our house one afternoon. Something cool- it has 5 fingers just like humans. When my mom started taking pictures of this bat, it started crawling. I wasn't really scared, but my mom was!


Field Notes: For an very interesting article on Bats in the Ecuadorian rain forest read HERE

1 comment:

  1. Make sure there are no bats in the house the next time I visit. I just like looking at pictures with you in them. Granny

    ReplyDelete